I am a freelance application & network troubleshooter and performance analyst.
I live in Sydney, Australia. However, if you can provide packet capture files, it doesn’t matter where you are in the world you are – I’ll be able to analyse them for you.
You could engage me on a short term daily basis if:
• You are in the middle of a long running “Crit Sit” and you want to know (now, not next week) exactly where the problem lies. You want to know what tasks are needed by whom – as well as suggestions for alternative short term workarounds. I can provide an impartial interface among management, your technical teams and your external vendors.
• Something has changed with one of your applications and some users are experiencing poor performance. You want to know why and the best way to improve it.
• You want to know how your application might be affected for new users in remote offices in distant locations, by low bandwidth WAN links or a host of other factors.
Perhaps a longer term engagement if:
• You’re planning a data centre relocation and you’d like to know:
– Will usability for any of your applications be affected? How and why – and which mitigation options are the best for each application?
– What devices and servers are used, how much, by whom and for what purpose?
– What devices and servers may need to be migrated together in groups?
• You’re in the middle of, or have completed, a relocation – and are now are facing challenges. Perhaps performance of one or more applications has become much worse and you need fast answers as to why and what can be done.
• You want to know what devices are “left over” and what is the best way to deal with them?